Monday, June 29, 2009

Dreaming on down the road

My friends, rj and Migs, seem to be in an introspective mode, so, I suppose I can join them along the path. Seems I dreamt all night or perhaps only an instant - who's to say, it is the dream I recall when I awoke - about rolling a ball across the floor to a seated infant whose back was to the wall. The infant who could crawl and stand but not walk without support was faceless, or perhaps not faceless, not some horror movie blank faced no nose, no mouth, no eyes infant but rather just an infant whose features I did not recognize. It seems from this narrative that it, the baby, was a boy doesn't it. Anyway, I would roll a ball to the baby from some short distance across the floor, I was I believed seated on the floor, open legged, facing the baby. The baby was seated in a similar pose, opened legged, towards me and propped up by the wall behind him. The ball would roll into the area between his legs near his crotch and he would bat the ball away, generally making the ball go back in my direction. The very last scene in the dream the baby bats the ball in a direction that requires that I get up to retrieve the ball and then I lob the ball back to him in the air and the baby catches the ball on the first bounce, stands up and walks the ball back to me. Bingo! Eyes open! Awake! That's it. You go figure and comment here. Yes, I will answer questions about the dream content and anything else you might want to ask that is related to the dream. Waiting outside Charlotte until Wednesday morning when delivery is scheduled to occur. Waiting here since yesterday. Trying to expedite delivery to today but it's JIT and likely I'll just have to wait it out.

2 comments:

Migs Bassig said...

Hmm. Intriguing. My take on it is that the dream is about mentorship. What do I know, right, but once you're in a position or at an age where you'd learned enough to be able to teach something, you want to teach someone something. Requires effort, though, requires getting out of your way to effectively help educate the student.

Again, what do I know. Maybe it's just about two generations playing ball.

Love from Manila

Popeye said...

Yes, "getting out of the way", I believe it's said that "the teacher arrives when the student is ready."