Thursday, November 24, 2005

Honk, if you like "Horn Of Plenty" aka www.hornofplenty.co.uk

Recently, we wrote to the author of Horn of Plenty, a site well worth your time I belive.


Mr Quink,
 
Honk, if you like "Horn of Plenty" aka www.hornofplenty.co.uk.
 
We held this sign up recently on my block and the noise was deafening.  Of course mine is the only house on the block.
 
A small typo you might want to attend to under the Parodies heading
As we always tell our lawyers, writing a parody does not involve stealing someone else's ideas. It involve stealing their ideas, ...
might better read
As we always tell our lawyers, writing a parody does not involves stealing someone else's ideas. It involves stealing their ideas, ...
 
I found your site attempting to chase down the "Horn of Plenty" link on the sign in page from GMail this morning.  I think I have gotten the far better end of the deal in finding your site rather than whatever GMail was trying to show me with their dead link.  Whatever free time presents itself today will likely be spent in further digging into the strange twists and turns of your mind. What a fine piece of work the collection of parodies on Horn of Plenty is, thank you.
 
We have our own not so nearly interesting nor well done blog, The Quality of the Light, largely as the result of encouragement we have received from an old roommate and far more accomplished blogger who writes, The Daily Blauge.
 
I expect a good deal of resonance from reading your work since I have a number of old workmates who are UK expats and who now live in Texas, an ex in Maidstone who works for the National Health Service, a deep affinity for Guiness and good Scotch Whiskey, and I also spent eight years under the care of the nuns, mainly the good Carmelite sisters and the Sisters of the Incarnate Word. Who could possibly forget a grade school principal whose name was Sister Mary of Perpetual Help. 
 
I think we'll just post this note on my blog to make the world a bit more aware of your site. 
 
Again, thanks for your effort with Horn of Plenty, we look forward to spending more time with you today.
 
Best regards,
 
George
 

No comments: